What the media says about Manchester City on Saturday 20 April 2013 - Manchester City FC

Accessibility links

Access other Manchester City products

What the MEDIA says finished
Season 2012/13

City players fight for each other - Lescott

  • 20 April 2013 09:13
  • Posted by @porter_mcfc

We begin this morning with some Joleon Lescott quotes from an interview in which he speaks of his passion for City, and highlights Pablo Zabaleta's outstanding season.

The 30-year-old is entering the last year of his contract with City, and has spoken of his desire to represent England at the 2014 World Cup.

Arab

“I’ll continue to give 100 per cent for City until the day they say I’m no longer part of it. It’s not about money. There’s no point being somewhere, whether Barcelona or City, and not playing," Lescott told the Telegraph's Henry Winter. 

On Pablo Zabaleta, he is quoted: “In the first half of the season, Robin van Persie was the outstanding player and Bale in the second half but the most consistent player throughout the season has been Zaba, as good as anyone.

“People underestimate the bond here. Yes, we’ve got great players, who can do great things at any given time, but we also fight for each other.”

You can read the full interview here.  

Elsewhere, you probably won’t be surprised to read that the Edinson Cavani saga is back in the papers this Saturday morning.

The Napoli striker has been linked with Real Madrid and Bayern Munich as well as (repeatedly) with the Blues, but now the Daily Mirror has added Monaco to his list of potential suitors.

“French Ligue Two leaders Monaco, who are bankrolled by Russian billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev, are ready to join the auction for one of European football’s hottest talents,” reports the paper’s Neil MacLeman.

“Cavani’s mother, Berta Gomez, has revealed he is ready to leave Napoli.

“She told a Uruguayan radio station: ‘He told me he wants to go elsewhere and to leave Napoli, but also that one day he’d love to return to Napoli. Edi doesn’t know what will happen yet.’”

Finally, Patrick Vieira is quoted by the Daily Express as saying that he hopes Samir Nasri will still be at the Etihad Stadium once the summer transfer window closes.

The French midfielder has been linked with PSG in this week’s media reports, but Vieira maintains Nasri has an important role for the Blues.

Samir

“City are planning a major overhaul in the summer, and Nasri along with the likes of Carlos Tevez, Micah Richards and Joleon Lescott are expected to leave,” writes Charles Perrin. 

“Vieira though hopes Nasri can stay at City for some time to come.

“In an interview with Radio Monte Carlo, Vieira said: ‘Samir could have done better. I think, he, himself, is disappointed with the level he played at for several different reasons.

"‘But in the end, he remains an important player for us.’”

Remember, confirmed transfers will appear here first on mcfc.co.uk!

 


This site uses cookies. By clicking allow you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

Allow