What the media says about Manchester City on 24 June 2013 - Manchester City FC

Accessibility links

Access other Manchester City products

Close



Continue to mcfc.co.uk

Continue to mcfc.co.uk
What the MEDIA says finished
Season 2013/14

Barry set for Villa reunion?

  • 24 June 2013 08:33
  • Posted by @dclayton_mcfc

Could Gareth Barry really be heading back to Aston Villa?

It would be a surprise move if he did, given the Villa fans’ reaction to his move to City in the first place but Touchlinetalk.com – and a number of newspapers – are suggesting the Blues’ midfielder may be on the move this summer.

There’s also the on-going soap operas that are the Edinson Cavani and Isco transfer destinations and these aren’t going to go away anytime soon by the looks of it.

We’ll begin first with Barry who, writes Dan Farr, is attracting the interest of his former Midlands employers: He reports: “Paul Lambert is chasing Manchester City midfielder Gareth Barry, who he sees as an ideal role model for young players.

“Barry’s former club Aston Villa are thought to be interested in the England midfielder after he was told he can leave City.

 

The 32-year-old is the first casualty of the Manuel Pellegrini era, but a number of clubs are thought to have provided him with a Premier League safety net

 

...Media City...

“Cardiff City, West Ham United and Stoke are all thought to be interested in Barry, who spent 12 years at Villa and made over 400 appearances for the club before moving to City for £12million in 2009.

Now on to the futures of Cavani and Isco (again). It’s doubtful there have been any solid progression in the futures of either player over the past week, but nonetheless, the Spanish Press have been at fever pitch – particularly over Isco  - with many papers claiming he is already a Madrid player.

Whether that transpires or not remains to be seen – only official announcements really matter at this stage and despite Arsenal’s Nacho Monreal claiming Isco had already signed for Madrid, there has been nothing to confirm this as yet.

However,, The Daily Express, in an unattributed snippet, believe neither player will be wearing City blue next season. They report: “Napoli striker Edinson Cavani and Malaga playmaker Isco are both high on Manuel Pellegrini’s wanted list.

“But Isco’s former teammate, Arsenal defender Nacho Monreal, says the Spain Under-21 midfielder has already agreed to join Real Madrid.

“And, as Napoli set a deadline of July 20 for Cavani to make up his mind, he failed to mention City when asked about his future, saying: ‘I’m flattered by the interest of certain teams. Who would ever say no to Real Madrid or Chelsea? We’ll see what happens.’"

As will we all… 

This site uses cookies. By clicking allow you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

Allow