Costel set for final bow?
- 09 May 2013 09:15
- Posted by @porter_mcfc
Costel Pantilimon aims to bow out of City this summer with an FA Cup win, according to this morning’s reports.
The 26-year-old has kept goal in every round of the competition so far, conceding just one goal in five games.
David McDonnell writes: “The Romanian keeper, 26, has admitted he will probably be forced to move to another club to play more regularly.
“‘I am happy I am here, but it’s normal that I want to play,’ said Pantilimon. ‘I’m only young and I want to play more.
“‘The technical staff and everyone knows that after the season is finished, I want to leave, as I want to play more.’”
With the final just two days away, the battle to correctly predict Roberto Mancini's starting line-up has begun.
Using Tuesday’s win against West Brom as a pointer, the Manchester Evening News has focused on the fight for a midfield berth.
“Both were influential, but Nasri was marginally better and his 72nd minute substitution was perhaps an indication that Mancini had chosen the Frenchman.”
Finally, it’s another day and another Edinson Cavani story.
While the Daily Express reported yesterday that Edin Dzeko could be part of a swap deal to bring the Uruguayan striker to the Etihad Stadium, Spanish paper Marca are more confident that Real Madrid will be his summer destination.
The website explains: “Walter Guglielmone, the brother of Napoli sharpshooter Edinson Cavani, told Naples radio station 'Kiss Kiss' that ‘Real Madrid is interested in Edinson, but his release clause is very high, so it's complicated’.
"‘I would like to see him play in Spain. Edinson is focused on ending the season in the best way possible. Money isn't important’, added Guglilmone.”
Remember, we’ll be the first with any confirmed ins or outs at the club this summer on mcfc.co.uk!