Get On Yer Bike this Easter
- Mon 29 Mar 2010, 9:52AM
- Posted by Tim Oscroft/Liz Douglas
If you’re stuck for something to do during the Easter Holidays ...then LIVE4CITY and British Cycling may just have the answer.
We are offering all LIVE4CITY* members aged between 8 & 12 the chance to attend a three day cycling course especially designed for them, absolutely FREE. Fully qualified British Cycling Instructors are ready and waiting to put you through your paces on both holiday weeks, 11.00am – 3.00pm:
Course 1 - 30th, 31st March and 1st April
Course 2 - 6th, 7th, 8th April
To participate in this superb event you will need to bring your own bike and helmet. All other equipment will be provided for you. You will also need to bring a packed lunch.
You need to be able to attend all three days of training to meet Moonchester, as well as receive the certificate and badge on day 3.
On Yer Bike itinerary, both weeks:
• Meet at CityStore at 11.00am
• Short introduction
• Cycling instruction
• Lunch in one of City’s hospitality boxes which overlooks the pitch
• Short tour behind the scenes at the City of Manchester Stadium (day 1 only)
• Bikeability fun and games (day 2 only)
• Visit to the Velodrome, home of British Cycling, track stars of today and tomorrow (day 3 only)
• Presentation of bikeability certificates 1 & 2 by Manchester City’s very own Moonchester on completion of the course
To take advantage of this offer please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Liz Douglas on 0161 438 7751.
*If you’re not yet a member of LIVE4CITY, don’t worry, we’ll enrol you on the day!
For more on British Cycling and Bikeability visit www.britishcycling.org.uk