Important supporter information
- 23 September 2010 16:05
- Posted by Chris Bailey
We have some important spectator information ahead of the visit of Chelsea on Saturday lunchtime.
It will be an extremely busy in East Manchester. Not only do we have the Premier League champions visiting the City of Manchester Stadium, but the Velodrome is hosting the National Cycling Championships and the indoor athletics arena is the venue for an international Taekwondo competition over the weekend.
With the permanent loss of the East Car Park due to site remediation our main car parks are bound to be very popular. If you are coming to the game by car at the weekend, you may wish to consider using one of the following external car parks, all of which operate on match days and are within a 20 minute walk of the ground.
· GD Yarns Site, Gorton Lane, M12 5DX. 150 spaces.
· Air Products Ltd, Clayton Lane, M11 4SR. 100 spaces.
· K2 site, Pottery Lane & Ashton Old Road. 600 spaces.
· Hadfields Transport site, Hulme Hall Lane, M40 8HH. 250 spaces.
· Fingershields Safety UK, Lind Street, M40 7ES. 50 spaces.
· Ashbury Meadow School, Charlesworth Street, M11 3AG. 168 spaces.
· MANCAT Openshaw Campus, M11 2WH. 150 spaces.
· Ravensbury Primary School, Tartan Street, M11 4EG. 100 spaces.
· Nicholas Varney Community School, Nelson Street, M40 8FE. 60 spaces.
· Corpus Christi with St Annes, Carruthers Street, M4 7EQ. 175 spaces.
· Riverpark Trading Estate, Riverpark road, M40 2XP. 750 spaces.
· Vermillion, Lord North Street, M40 8AD. 200 spaces.
· North Ridge HS site, Palmerston Street, M12 6PT. 450 spaces.
We will be updating this list and communicating it to all supporters throughout the season, so check back here regularly for updates as new available car parks come on stream.
We are delighted to announce the total upgrade of the stadium’s beer dispensing systems has been completed in time for the forthcoming Chelsea fixture.
This has seen all beer lines replaced, Exactap beer dispense systems in installed into key bars and free flow dispense systems in the remaining areas and all products upgraded to extra cold cooling systems. This will see draught Heineken available in all bars around the stadium.
And coming soon to a kiosk near you will be 30% larger pies, curry and rice, hot roast baguettes, Shepherd’s Pie and other new product ranges!
Less happily, we have also been given the following directive due to incidents at recent matches inside the stadium.
All bottled products - including soft drinks - served from kiosks M1 – M14 will have to be decanted from the bottle into plastic glasses before being passed over to the supporter.
This follows repeated instances from both this season and last season were bottles are being thrown onto the playing area in the direction of players.
We have received letters from both the Premier league and Police in relation to this matter and we are very keen for there to be no repeat.