Join City in Hong Kong with Etihad Airways!
- 13 May 2013 11:00
- Posted by @porter_mcfc
What is it that you love about City?
Tell us and you could be joining your heroes in Hong Kong this summer!
Proud partner Etihad Airways will be giving away a once in a lifetime opportunity. We are giving you and a friend the chance to win a trip to Hong Kong this summer to watch Manchester City play live on their pre-season tour as they build towards a successful start to the 2013/14 season.
The prize will include return Etihad Coral Economy Class flights from Manchester to Hong Kong, 5 nights hotel accommodation in Hong Kong as well as tickets to watch both of City’s live matches at the Hong Kong National Stadium.
To be in with a chance of winning this amazing experience, simply tell us what is it that you love about Manchester City (in 100 words or less)? The best 3 entries will be shortlisted, before an independent judging panel will review the entries and choose the winning one. The winner will be presented with the prize at the match on 19th May, as City take on Norwich on the last day of the season.
To enter, visit www.etihadmcfc.com/men and provide us with your answer along with your name and contact number. Closing date for entries is Wednesday 15th May at 12 Noon.
Terms and Conditions
1. Entrants must be over 18 years of age. Entrants under 18 years of age must have their parent/guardian’s permission to enter the competition.
2. In order to be eligible for entry, entrants must have sent in their entries (in 100 words or less) to either the official microsite www.etihadmcfc.com/men or to the Manchester Evening News (M.E.N.) Sports desk.
3. Entrants must fill in all necessary data fields for entry to be validated.
4. Etihad Airways and the M.E.N. reserve the right to shortlist the best 3 entries as well as an overall winner at their own discretion.
5. The winner will be presented with the prize pitch-side before the Manchester City (MCFC) vs. Norwich match on 19th May 2013. In the event that the winner is not attending the MCFC vs. Norwich match, Etihad Airways will provide 2 match tickets so that the winner can attend, and the presentation can take place.
6. The competition is not open to employees of Etihad Airways, the Manchester Evening News or Manchester City Football Club.
8. If the winner is not available to travel, another winner will not be drawn.
9. The prize is non-transferable and there will be no cash alternative or alternative prizes for any reason.
10. The prize is for one winner & a guest. If the winner is under 18 years of age their guest must be an adult.
11. Etihad reserves the right to refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of the prize draw rules.
12. Etihad has a right to withdraw the prize in its absolute discretion without incurring liability.
13. The prize includes:
- 2 x return Etihad Coral Economy Class flights from Manchester or London to Hong Kong
- A 4 night stay in a hotel in Hong Kong
- 2 tickets to watch Manchester City play in each of their 2 friendly matches in Hong Kong
- Not included: Expenses and transfers
- The winner must make his/her own travel arrangements to / from the allocated airport.
14. Entry into the competition authorises MCFC and Etihad Airways to publish the name of the winner and, by taking part in the competition, the entrant is consenting to having publicity photographs and/or video images taken of them taken for use by Etihad Airways and/or MCFC.
15. Etihad Airways requires a minimum of 20 working days for internal sign off on flights.
16. All travel documentation and visas must be up to date, and passports must not have an expiry date within the 6 month period following the date of travel.
17. Any travel shall be subject to Etihad General Conditions of Carriage.
19. By entering the competition each entrant warrants that he/she:
a. has read, understood and agrees to adhere to these T&Cs;
b. is eligible to enter the competition;
c. has not and shall not enter into any agreement or arrangement with any person in respect of his/her entry into the competition or the prize;
d. shall observe and adhere to all rules and instructions (including fire safety and security arrangements) in force or given by the competition in relation to any location attended by the entrant in connection with the competition; and
e. has submitted to Etihad personal details and/or any other information which is truthful, accurate and in no way misleading and shall inform the Promoter immediately if this information becomes inaccurate.
20. Etihad reserves the right to disqualify, at its sole discretion, any entrant who:
a. provides untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information;
b. fails to abide by these T&Cs; or
c. is deemed in Etihad’s opinion to be acting or to have acted outside the spirit of the competition.
21. Etihad’s decision to disqualify any entrant in accordance with condition 19 above shall be final.
22. Etihad will endeavour to operate the competition and apply the T&Cs and any additional rules fairly and consistently.
23. Etihad shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations in relation to the competition where the failure is caused by something outside their reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to a force majeure event.
24. Etihad accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment (direct or indirect) incurred or suffered by any entrant as a result of entering the competition. Nothing in these T&Cs shall exclude the liability of Etihad for death or personal injury occurring as a result of its negligence, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
25. These T&Cs and the Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.