Free Manchester Marathon places with City in the Community
- 22 January 2014 13:35
- Posted by @MCFC
A new year, a new start, a new fitness regime?
City in the Community encourage an active and healthy lifestyle for all residents of Manchester, and now we have the perfect challenge for 2014.
In partnership with the Asics Greater Manchester Marathon, CITC have FREE charity places for all city fans who would like to run the flattest marathon in the UK and represent Manchester City over the 26.2 mile course in April.
Runners will be asked to raise a minimum of £250 in sponsorship for City in the Community and our chosen charities, and will receive a great deal of support before and during the race on April the 6th 2014 from the City in the Community team.
If you would like to run for City in the Community, but think 26 miles is a step too far, there are also options to run a relay between 2 or 4 runners.
Inspire your family and friends by signing up for this ultimate challenge and we will feature our star runners at mcfc.co.uk as you wear our colours with pride.
All proceeds raised by our runners, will benefit local communities and provide free sporting, health, inclusion and education opportunities for young and vulnerable people across Manchester.
Sign up today and make a difference by e-mailing email@example.com
Runners will receive
- Free Race Entry
- CITC Race T-shirt
- CITC nutritional advice
- 10 Week Training Plan
- Race day meeting point for all runners of the MCFC team
- Race day MCFC cheering squad on route
- Post event coverage of our runners through MCFC media
- Prize for the highest fundraiser from our race day team
- CITC training runs
- Agree to raise a minimum of £250 in sponsorship for CITC
- Runners must be over the age of 18 and have a general state of good health and fitness
- Follow a training plan to be prepared for the marathon
- You will need to be available to run on Sunday April the 6th 2014
All money raised benefits young people within our local community