Mission Cityzen: Could it be you?
- 17 March 2014 10:11
- Posted by @MCFC
This summer, we plan to launch a new membership scheme for City fans everywhere, entitled ‘Cityzens’.
No one knows better than a fan what being part of the Club means, so it is for exactly this reason that we are seeking the help of one of them.
We have decided to enlist the help of a skilled and enthusiastic supporter to help shape the membership scheme and we are launching a campaign to find just the right person.
The recruitment drive, labeled ‘Mission: Cityzen’, will offer a fan a twelve month full-time paid contract, working at the Etihad Stadium in the heart of Manchester.
“This is a unique opportunity for one lucky fan to work at the club they love and help shape what being a Cityzen truly means. As a club, we consistently seek to listen to our fans’ needs and engage with them in exciting and authentic ways, and this innovative approach to the recruitment process hopes to take this one step further” said Diego Gigliani, Manchester City’s Director of Marketing, Media and Fan Engagement.
The selected candidate will join us as an entry-level Memberships Executive and will be tasked with helping us to design and implement creative ways to develop the club’s membership base.
How to apply?
To qualify for the role, show us that you have what it takes: a deep understanding of what it really means to be a true City fan, a track record of setting and achieving ambitious goals, and a creative and passionate approach to work.
Submit a 30 second video showing in a creative and passionate way why you think you are the right candidate for this job together with your CV describing all relevant academic, professional and extra-curricular experiences.
Videos and CV’s should be submitted before 12pm GMT on Thursday 27th March 2014 to the following email email@example.com via this dedicated page:
Final interviews are planned to be held on Wednesday 2nd April 2014
As Official Recruitment Partner of Manchester City, Hays will play an important role in Mission:Cityzen and will work with the Club to ensure that the successful applicant is a perfect match.
Job Description - Cityzens Membership Executive
- Work with membership manager to design, launch and operate Cityzens membership programme
- Ideate new benefits or rewards experiences for different member segment types
- Source local, regional and global rewards partners
- Design member communications strategy, including email and web
- Execute and launch member campaigns
- Track campaign results, propose changes, and fine-tune
- Continuously research membership programmes at other sports properties to identify best practices
- Doer, initiative, positive attitude, self-starter
- Outgoing, interpersonal skills, can work with internal and external stakeholders to get things done
- Commercial intuition, can think like a customer/fan, can help drive sales and engagement
- Problem-solving skills, can think on his/her feet, can make a recommendation and support it with arguments
- Attention to detail
- Comfort with MS Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Some work experience, either summer internships or some post-uni work experience
- University degree with strong grades
- Passion for football and sports