Eat Like a Player
- 06 March 2011 14:31
- Posted by David Clayton
Continuing our series on food the City players eat at Carrington, here is the latest addition to the menu.
Chargrilled Cod on a Nicoise Salad
• 4x cod fillets
• Green asparagus
• Black olives
• Sun blushed tomatoes
• New potatoes
• Olive oil
• Poached egg
• Cut the asparagus into 2cm pieces and blanch in boiling water for 1 minute, then remove to cool.
• Cut new potatoes into 1cm dices and blanch, then remove to cool.
• Blanch green beans for 1 min, then remove to cool.
• To make the salad simply toss together the green beans, olives, new potatoes, sun blushed tomatoes, a touch of olive oil, then season. (The salad can be served hot or cold.)
• To cook the cod, pre heat a chargrill pan. Coat in a little olive oil then chargrill for three and a half minutes each side or until cooked throughout.
• To build the dish, place the nicoise salad on the plate. Top with chargrilled cod, poached egg and garnish with rocket leaves.
Why we cook this dish:
• Fish is extremely healthy and high in protein. This is ideal as it helps the growth of the player’s muscles, especially when they need to recover after a tough physical game.
Favourite food of:
• Edin Dzeko
• Alexander Kolarov