City stars lift the pre-season Blues with Umbro
- Wed 25 Jul 2012, 9:00AM
- Posted by Chris Eccles
To celebrate the unveiling of City’s Home and Away kit for 2012/13, suppliers Umbro got up close and personal to some of the title winning heroes.
Mario Balotelli, David Silva, Samir Nasri, Vincent Kompany and Joe Hart all face the camera as they prepare for the new season.
As well as giving their opinions on the new kit, the City stars shed some light on a variety of different topics, including;
- Mario Balotelli reveals that a career in the Ultimate Fighting Championship would have been his second choice after football!
- Samir Nasri gives his verdict on the cuisine of the North West.
- Vincent Kompany discusses his progression from being a central midfielder, to arguably the Premier League’s best centre-back.
- David Silva explains how he tackles the challenges of the Premier League and British weather
- Joe Hart provides an insight into his approach when facing a penalty
The Home shirt retains City’s iconic sky blue colour and also incorporates black detailing and trim which takes influence from the 1969 FA Cup and 1970 League Cup winning kits.
The new Away shirt sees a return to the classic maroon colour worn by the FA Cup winning teams of 1934 and 1956, also tailored by Umbro.
Both kits are available to buy from official CityStores and www.umbro.com.
The away kit is on general sale now, while the home kit goes on sale 26th July.