City return to Yankee Stadium for Guinness International Champions Cup
- 20 February 2014 18:00
- Posted by @markbooth_mcfc
The line-up is complete and City now know who they will face in the 2014 Guinness International Champions Cup.
Manuel Pellegrini’s men will lock horns with AC Milan, Liverpool and Olympiakos in Pittsburgh, New York City and Minneapolis respectively, in Group B of the competition.
As announced at the start of the month, City will take part in the second annual International Champions Cup, an eight team football extravaganza, taking place across 13 U.S cities between July 26 2014 and August 4.
The competition will see City return to Yankee Stadium to face Liverpool on 30 July after their thrilling 5-3 victory over Chelsea at the same venue last May.
Vincent Kompany said “City have always enjoyed terrific support across the five boroughs having visited the states many times.
“The passion of our New York fans was clear for all to see when we played at Yankee Stadium last year."
“It was the highlight of our post-season tour and the players are relishing the opportunity to return for the Guinness International Champions Cup.”
The Blues will also play at Minneapolis’s FCF Bank Stadium and Pittsburgh’s Heinz Field against Olympiakos and AC Milan respectively.
All teams will play at least three matches in the tournament with the winner of Group A and Group B, based on point total, meeting in the finals in Miami.
Group A will be contested between Real Madrid, Manchester United, AS Roma and Inter Milan.
Full list of fixtures, US TV listings and kick-off times for Group B below.
- Thursday, July 24: Olympiacos v. AC Milan (8PM EST, Fox Sports 1) – Citi Field, New York, New York
- Sunday, July 27: AC Milan v. Manchester City (4PM EST, Fox Sports 1) - Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Sunday, July 27: Liverpool FC v. Olympiacos (5PM CST, Fox Sports 1) - Soldier Field, Chicago, Illinois
- Wednesday, July 30: Manchester City v. Liverpool FC (7PM EST, Fox Sports 1) - Yankee Stadium, New York, New York
- Saturday, August 2: Olympiacos v. Manchester City (2PM CST, Fox Sports 2) – TCF Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Saturday, August 2: AC Milan v. Liverpool FC (6:30PM EST, Fox Sports 2) - Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, North Carolina
Exclusive pre-sale tickets for most matches will be available beginning today, February 20 at 1PM ET (6PM GMT) while general public will have access to tickets February 22 at 10AM ET.
For venue-specific ticket information please visit www.internationalchampionscup.com.
Additionally, this year fans will have the opportunity to purchase an Ultimate Fan Pack which includes one supporters section ticket, team gear and priority access to select team training.
Also available are VIP Team Travel Packs that allow fans to experience the games alongside their favourite teams, providing VIP tickets, charter travel and world-class accommodations to all of their teams’ Guinness International Champions Cup games.
All tickets and packages are available at www.internationalchampionscup.com.