Caballero aiming to keep double Wembley dream alive
- 19 February 2016 12:00
- Posted by @dclayton_mcfc
Willy Caballero accepts that City are unlikely to field the strongest starting XI available for Sunday’s FA Cup tie with Chelsea.
With the Champions League Round of 16 just three days later, the Blues look set to field an inexperienced side at Stamford Bridge – but the City keeper says the tie is certainly not being written off.
“We don’t really have a choice because of Kyiv and the many injuries we have at present,” said Caballero.
“We'll probably have a young team at Stamford Bridge, but that doesn’t mean to say we can’t go there and get a great result.
“We are one of the biggest teams in the country and it will be fantastic for the younger players if they have the opportunity to play.
“They must enjoy the moment, grasp the chance and feel comfortable on the ball. This could be a chance to show the boss that they are capable of coming into the team when needed.”
Caballero admits Chelsea away wasn’t the ideal draw for the Blues who had been drawn away to Norwich and Aston Villa in the previous two rounds.
But he believes the stage will inspire the team and that City will be going to West London to win.
“It’s not an easy place to go and to get a third Premier League game away from home is unfortunate,” he said.
“But for me it doesn't matter who we are facing because we know what it means to wear this shirt and we will take that pride into this game.
“Our philosophy is to play the football we always try to play and we will go to Stamford Bridge to win and I can assure our fans we will be giving everything to beat Chelsea.”