What the media says about Manchester City 8 August - Manchester City FC

Accessibility links

Access other Manchester City products

What the MEDIA says finished
Season 2013/14

Daily Star: Sinclair wants to move on

  • 08 August 2013 08:16
  • Posted by @markbooth_mcfc

With the new season only ten days away, it seems that most newspapers agree that the Blues have wrapped up all of their transfer business early.

That leaves the rest of the Premier League’s tipped title challengers across the back pages but leaf a few sheets in and there’s one or two column inches on Blues’ matters.

Today’s top story is from Jeremy Cross of the Daily Star who reckons that Scott Sinclair wants out of the Club.

A season long loan move to West Brom had been touted but Cross believes that Scott is only interested in a permanent switch away from the Etihad Stadium.

“New boss Manuel Pellegrini has signed Spain international Jesus Navas, making it clear Sinclair is not in his plans,” the story reads.

“The winger has decided he needs to get out of the Etihad Stadium.

“But it remains to be seen if the Baggies will consider signing Sinclair for around £5m, while Newcastle, West Ham and Everton are also interested in the 24-year-old.”

Remember that transfer stories are only official when you read them here on the official website.

Elsewhere, Arsenal forward Theo Walcott has admitted that he’s looking forward to facing off against former teammate Gael Clichy in Saturday’s exhibition match in Helsinki.

Clichey

"I think that will be the ultimate test," Walcott told the official Arsenal website.

"Man City are very strong this season. They know what they want to do but we know how strong we are. It will be a chance for us all to experience the tempo of the Premier League and what it's going to be like."

...Theo Walcott...

"It's going to be a good test but everyone will be ready for it. I think the boss will maybe think of the team that he will start with [against Aston Villa]. I'm looking forward to that game against my old man Clichy. I've always loved playing against him so I'll give him a call before!"

Don’t miss that one, it promises to be a mouthwatering curtain raiser for the 2013/14 season and we’ll be bringing you live Twitter updates, a report and all of the post-match reaction here on mcfc.co.uk.

Finally, the Manchester Evening News has a nice feature on the four players who remain in the City squad from before the 2008 takeover and how they’ve become key components in the team.

Joe Hart, Vincent Kompany, Pablo Zabaleta and Micah Richards are the famous four who have endured and there’s plenty of praise for them in this piece.

That’s all for today – a very low key round-up, I know – bring on the start of the season! 


This site uses cookies. By clicking allow you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

Allow