What the media says about Manchester City on 25 January 2013 - Manchester City FC

Accessibility links

Access other Manchester City products

What the MEDIA says finished
Season 2012/13

Transfer Window: Day 25

  • 25 January 2013 08:22
  • Posted by @markbooth_mcfc

With just six days remaining in the January transfer window, is there still time for City to move in the market?

Roberto Mancini was clear earlier in the month that only young players with potential to develop would be considered and a player who fulfills that criteria is linked with a switch in today’s Daily Mail.

“Birmingham's Nathan Redmond is set to stay at the Championship club until the end of the season despite their financial troubles,” Neil Moxley writes.

“Manchester City have first refusal on the highly-rated 18-year-old winger but are in no rush to make an offer.

"The Premier League champions agreed the deal when Joe Hart was loaned to St Andrew's for the 2009-10 season.

“Redmond has impressed for the Midlands club in recent seasons having been on their books since he was spotted as an eight-year-old.

He has represented England at Under 16, 17, 18 and 19 level and has made 27 appearances for his club this season.”

This news arrives just a day after City were rumoured to be in pole position for Birmingham keeper Jack Butland – as the Championship club desperately tries to raise funds.

In today’s obligatory Balotelli update, AC Milan president Silvio Berlusconi has distanced himself from a move for the Italian striker, stating that the Rossoneri have been priced out of a double swoop for Kaka and Super Mario.

Mario

"Kaka and Balotelli? Neither of the two,” he’s quoted as saying in Corriere dello Sport.

"It's not possible in this day and age to play Monopoly. Galliani remains optimistic but the tough language of accounting keeps him from doing his work."

Mancini has always denied speculation that Mario could leave, recently declaring: "No, it is not true. I am very, very happy with Mario."

Still, this one seems destined to run and run all the way to Thursday’s deadline – in the newspapers at least.

Another long-rumoured transfer that seems to be disappearing over the horizon is Isco’s move from Malaga to City, with speculation emanating from Spain that the playmaker is on the verge of signing a new contract.

“The new deal would strike a major blow to City's hopes of signing the attacking midfielder, with reports in Spain claiming he will commit to Malaga until June 2018, with a buyout clause of €35million (£30m) included in the contract,” report Sky Sports.

“Isco, whose full name is Francisco Roman Alarcon Suarez, is believed to have a €21m (£17m) release clause in his current deal.”

Well, if the papers are to be believed, there’s more deals off than on at present but we’ll keep you up to date with all the latest confirmed news here on mcfc.co.uk.


Like this? Share it.

promo

Barclays Asia Trophy

This site uses cookies. By clicking allow you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

Allow