What the media says about Manchester City on 9 May 2013 - Manchester City FC

Accessibility links

Access other Manchester City products

What the MEDIA says finished
Season 2012/13

Costel set for final bow?

  • 09 May 2013 09:15
  • Posted by @porter_mcfc

Costel Pantilimon aims to bow out of City this summer with an FA Cup win, according to this morning’s reports.

The Romanian is set to start Saturday’s final against Wigan, but the Daily Mirror reports that the Wembley clash could be Costel’s last appearance for the Blues.  

Costel Pantilimon February 2013

The 26-year-old has kept goal in every round of the competition so far, conceding just one goal in five games.

David McDonnell writes: “The Romanian keeper, 26, has admitted he will probably be forced to move to another club to play more regularly.

“‘I am happy I am here, but it’s normal that I want to play,’ said Pantilimon. ‘I’m only young and I want to play more.

“‘The technical staff and everyone knows that after the season is finished, I want to leave, as I want to play more.’”

With the final just two days away, the battle to correctly predict Roberto Mancini's starting line-up has begun.

Using Tuesday’s win against West Brom as a pointer, the Manchester Evening News has focused on the fight for a midfield berth.

“Mancini made eight changes from the strong line-up he fielded at Swansea, to wrap stars like Vincent Kompany, Yaya Toure, David Silva and Sergio Aguero in cotton wool,” notes Stuart Brennan.

“Pointedly, he played both James Milner and Samir Nasri, who are still contesting maybe the only undecided spot in the manager’s team for the final.

“Both were influential, but Nasri was marginally better and his 72nd minute substitution was perhaps an indication that Mancini had chosen the Frenchman.”

mcfc wba

Get in the mood for Saturday’s clash with our look at City’s FA Cup heroes, memorable goals and glorious trophy wins here.

Finally, it’s another day and another Edinson Cavani story.

While the Daily Express reported yesterday that Edin Dzeko could be part of a swap deal to bring the Uruguayan striker to the Etihad Stadium, Spanish paper Marca are more confident that Real Madrid will be his summer destination.

The website explains: “Walter Guglielmone, the brother of Napoli sharpshooter Edinson Cavani, told Naples radio station 'Kiss Kiss' that ‘Real Madrid is interested in Edinson, but his release clause is very high, so it's complicated’.

"‘I would like to see him play in Spain. Edinson is focused on ending the season in the best way possible. Money isn't important’, added Guglilmone.”

Remember, we’ll be the first with any confirmed ins or outs at the club this summer on mcfc.co.uk!




This site uses cookies. By clicking allow you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

Allow