Mail: City youngster's loan move falls through
- 02 September 2014 07:38
- Posted by @NieldyMCFC
With all City’s incoming transfers done way before last night’s deadline, we’re more than a little thin on the ground as far as fresh speculation and gossip this Tuesday morning.
As reporters up and down the country are enjoying a well-deserved lie-in following yesterday’s typically frantic activity as clubs splashed cash, plugged gaps and papered over cracks, there was only the loans of Alvaro Negredo and Micah Richards to Valencia and Fiorentina respectively, and Emyr Huws’ permanent switch to Wigan that were of any real concern to City fans.
John Guidetti’s much-touted loan move north of the border to Celtic fell through at around midnight as paper work to seal the deal wasn’t completed in time. As reported in the Daily Mail:
“The 22-year-old travelled to Glasgow, but saw the deal fall down when the registration papers from both sides failed to give the SFA enough time to process the transfer.
“Guidetti hoped to join fellow City loan signing Jason Denayer in Glasgow after just one first appearance for the English champions.”
Other players who seemed destined to depart the Etihad Stadium were Matija Nastasic who had been tracked closely by Arsenal and Spurs amongst others, as reported right here in What The Media Says, and Scott Sinclair, however nothing materialised following rumours of a potential loan move to Stoke.
So, as the summer transfer window of 2014/15 slams shut, what do you think of City’s business overall? Let us know on Twitter.
Check back for more What The Media Says rumour and speculation tomorrow. Hopefully there’ll be a bit more to write about!