What the media says about Manchester City 4 September 2014 - Manchester City FC

Accessibility links

Access other Manchester City products

Close



Continue to mcfc.co.uk

Continue to mcfc.co.uk
What the MEDIA says finished
Season 2014/15

ESPN: Kompany fears ease

  • 04 September 2014 09:16
  • Posted by @dclayton_mcfc

With a huge month ahead of City, Manuel Pellegrini will hope to have a full strength squad for the games against Arsenal, Bayern Munich and Chelsea.

With that in mind, there are encouraging reports from Belgium concerning Vincent Kompany who was initially reported to have injured his calf in training.

ESPN pick up the story: “Manchester City have been handed a fitness boost ahead of a potentially crucial week in their season after a scan on Vincent Kompany's calf showed no serious injury concerns for the club captain.

“Kompany, 28, is with the Belgium squad preparing for Thursday's friendly against Australia but went to hospital earlier on Wednesday to have his condition assessed.

“However, after being accompanied by the national team's doctor for the scan, Kompany was diagnosed with a minor problem and could even start against Australia.

“’Good news for Vincent Kompany,’ Belgium coach Marc Wilmots tweeted. ‘He will train tomorrow and we will see if he can play. Without taking risks of course!’”

Fingers crossed for the skipper.

The Manchester Evening News report that a trio of City stars who were linked with moves away from the Club during the transfer window may all have been handed first-team lifelines.

Stuart Brennan writes:  “Unwanted duo Scott Sinclair and Matija Nastasic have been included in City’s Premier League squad, along with John Guidetti.

“The two players were among a handful of players who Manuel Pellegrini made it plain he wanted to ship out of the club before the end of the summer transfer window.

In the end, only Micah Richards fixed up a move away – but Pellegrini has been pragmatic enough to include the two others in the squad that had to be submitted to the league by 5pm yesterday

...Media City...

“City failed to agree a deal for Nastasic, even though four clubs were chasing him, while there was also no agreement for Sinclair.”

That said, the Glasgow Evening Times report John Guidetti could still make his loan move to Celtic, despite the Bhoys missing the Monday night deadline.

Hugh Macdonald writes: “Celtic should learn today the fate of an appeal to sanction the loan signing of John Guidetti from Manchester City.

“The SFA have appealed to Fifa on behalf of the Hoops to ratify the signing of the 22-year-old Swede on Monday night.

“Guidetti's transfer was initiated but not completed before the deadline.

“The SFA agreed to put the case to the governing body on the grounds that Celtic FC began uploading the relevant documentation prior to the midnight deadline.”

One to watch, perhaps.


Like this? Share it.

This site uses cookies. By clicking allow you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

Allow