Man City transfer talks 2 January 2016 - Manchester City FC

Accessibility links

Access other Manchester City products

Close

Continue to mcfc.co.uk

Continue to mcfc.co.uk
Season 2015/16

City linked with Serbian youngster

  • 02 January 2016 09:10
  • Posted by @MPHenson
  • Share this:
  • Share
  • Link
  • Tweet
  • +1
  • Email this
  • More channels

It’s the first day of the January transfer window and rumours about who City might sign are flying all over the place…

Here’s what was said yesterday, and it’s repeated again today – we’ll get to that later – but here is a new rumour from Sport Witness, via Le Parisien.

Tom Coast writes: “Normally a transfer window for bargains and young players rather than earth-shattering transfers, January is always an interesting month when it comes to Premier League clubs.

“Manchester City, who were one of the biggest spenders over the summer, seem set in their ways with their current squad, and you would expect very little to change over the next four weeks in Manuel Pellegrini’s first-team squad.

“Yet, if Le Parisien in France are to be believed, the Premier League club could be interested in making a small deal with a talented Serbian youngster if it means Paris Saint-Germain don’t get him.

“The French club are also one where you would expect few changes over January, but the French newspaper seem to think that if a move were to be made, it would be for Andrija Zivkovic.

“The 19-year-old right-winger has become something of a hot prospect in recent times, and is apparently a target for both the Premier League and the Ligue 1 club.

“No fee is mentioned, but, currently playing for Partizan Belgrade, you would expect neither to have to dig deep to find the money required by the Serbian club.

“The youngster has scored seven goals and assisted his teammates three times in 15 league appearances for Partizan Belgrade so far this season.

“Not a bad return for a teenager.”

As stated above, City were linked to Isco and Leroy Sane yesterday but manager Manuel Pellegrini has played the rumours down stating City have the ‘complete midfield’, according to Goal.

Sam Lee scribes: “Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini says he has ‘the complete midfield’ in the face of speculation linking the club with a number of big January deals.

“The Blues have been linked with moves for Schalke teenager Leroy Sane and out-of-favour Real Madrid playmaker Isco, who came close to a move to the Etihad Stadium in 2013.

“Both men would take up advanced midfield positions should they move to Manchester, Pellegrini believes that his current options are more than good enough.

"’With Manchester City there are always rumours, not only midfielders,’ he said. ‘Where you have players, it’s always Manchester City interested in them. 

"’For the moment, with Jesus [Navas], with Kevin [De Bruyne], with David [Silva], with Raheem Sterling, with Yaya [Toure], who can play forward, we have the complete midfielders.’

“Pellegrini had earlier played down the chances of any major deals in the coming weeks, although he would not close the door completely.

"’Really I think the squad is complete,’ he told reporters. ‘As always, I said that we are not going to close the window but we are not really thinking of any special players to bring in.’

“Any hopes City did harbour of bringing in Bundesliga sensation Sane, however, were dashed on Thursday when Schalke general manager Horst Heldt ruled out a sale, specifically to the blue half of Manchester.”

And finally, a follow up from yesterday’s story about Isco has appeared on the Mirror website stating that the Spanish midfielder is due for ‘showdown talks’ with the club next week.

John Cross states: “Real Madrid superstar Isco is hoping to pave the way for a move to Manchester City.

“Isco, 23, and his representatives are due to have showdown talks with Real Madrid next Tuesday after being left frustrated at the Bernabeu.

“The Spain playmaker is open to a move to the Etihad and his representatives have sounded out City about a potential loan switch with a permanent £25million move to follow in the summer.

“City boss Manuel Pellegrini has tried to sign Isco in the past and his representatives believe there could be interest again in January to bolster the club’s title push.

“Isco is worried about a lack of game time at Real Madrid and wants assurances about his future, especially with Euro 2016 coming up next summer.”

  • Share this:
  • Share
  • Link
  • Tweet
  • +1
  • Email this
  • More channels

This site uses cookies. By clicking allow you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

Allow