Hart still No.1 says Hodgson
- 27 March 2016 08:44
- Posted by @kareem_kaddouri
England boss Roy Hodgson feels that the good form of Fraser Forster and Jack Butland is only a good thing in challenging the current England and City No.1 Joe Hart - but Joe remains his first choice.
The Guardian report that barring another injury, Hart will be certain to start the European Championships in goal against Russia on the 11 June.
Hodgson said: "They’re not close to giving me a dilemma because we’re very happy with our goalkeeper. We've let in something like five goals in 15 games, so let’s not say we've got a goalkeeper crisis
"We have five games before we play our opening match with Russia and it’s more than possible in those five games we’ll give some experience to the other two, but I’m not willing to put a time or date on that. It’s nice to have those five games and to have the substitution options that you don’t get in the qualifiers."
England came from two goals down to beat Germany last night with both Jack Butland and Fraser Forster featuring.
Elsewhere, The Mirror report that City has been watching young Dutch full-back Jetro Willems who first caught the eye with a series of stellar performances at Euro 2012 for the Netherlands at the age of 19.
It is reported that City had representatives in Amsterdam for Oranje's friendly with France.
Willems has played over 100 times for Dutch club PSV Eindhoven, having overcome a serious injury earlier in this season. The 21-year old Dutchman an was reportedly on Newcastle's radar in January but due to injury that move never materialised.
And to round of what the media says this morning, The Sunday Express have reported that it will be a three-horse race to sign Mats Hummels from Borussia Dortmund this summer.
The German international, 28, is reportedly being chased by City, Liverpool and Chelsea.
The link between Hummels and Klopp is seen as a pull for the player to join the Reds, however it is reported that future boss Pep Guardiola would like to sign the German to bolster his defence next season.
The third option Chelsea is said to be unlikely if they do not qualify for any form of European football next season. It is also being reported that Hummels would prefer to move to Liverpool his chances of a regular starting berth are better.
That rounds off the news from the media this morning, check in tomorrow morning for more of the same.