Manchester City Football Club Ltd
Conference and Events
Terms and Conditions
“MCFC” means Manchester City Football Club ltd
“The Stadium” means The Etihad Stadium
“The Client” means the organising body/company or individual authorised and responsible for the commissioning of the Event
“The Booking Confirmation” means the signed Event confirmation for a specific booking or a series of bookings.
These terms and conditions form part of the contract together with any other terms specifically referred to in the Booking Confirmation.
“The Event” means the event described in the Booking Confirmation.
Charges and Payment Terms
- Payment shall be by cash, cheque, bankers draft or such credit cards as are accepted by MCFC. Credit facilities may
be available and an application form is available upon request.
- A 20% deposit or £1000 whichever is the greater is required to confirm all bookings and will be calculated on the full cost of the Event based on pre-booked room hire and catering. MCFC reserve the right to ask for a greater percentage of deposit dependant on the total cost of the Event. Payment of the deposit will be required within 30 days from the date of issue of the Booking Confirmation and deposit invoice to you. Failure to pay a deposit on this basis could result in the cancellation of the booking.
- Full pre-payment of all charges including VAT must be made or credit terms agreed with MCFC 4 weeks prior to the event.
- All prices are exclusive of VAT at the prevailing rate.
- All prices are subject to review at any time.
- The club reserves the right to charge you interest on any outstanding balances on a daily basis at an annual interest of 12%
above UK base rate until all outstanding balances and interest are paid.
- All invoices are due for payment on the 30th day following the invoice date. Any invoice outstanding beyond this period will be
referred to our debt collection agency and will be subject to a surcharge of 15% plus vat to cover the collection costs incurred.
This surcharge together with all other charges and legal fees incurred will be the responsibility of the customer and will be legally
- 1. Provisional bookings will be held for 14 days
- All bookings must be confirmed in writing. MCFC will then confirm a booking has been made and issue aBooking Confirmation.
- All bookings will be considered as provisional, until the Booking Confirmation, is signed by the client, and a deposit is received. Once the Booking Confirmation is signed all facilities and services reserved by the client will be subject to these terms and conditions.
- The signed Booking Confirmation must be returned by the client and received by MCFC within seven working days of the date of issue, or if such time is not available prior to the date of the Event within a maximum of 48 hours. If MCFC does not receive the contract within this period MCFC reserves the right to cancel the booking and re-let the facilities.
- Numbers must be advised to MCFC at the time of verbal confirmation and will be identified on the Booking Confirmation. Final timings, numbers, menus and any special requests must be confirmed to MCFC at least 4 weeks prior to the event
Amendments by the Client
- Any amendments to the arrangements listed in the Booking Confirmation must be notified verbally to MCFC at the earliest opportunity and immediately confirmed in writing.
- Should the number of guests attending or the duration of the Event be less than the minimum contracted numbersor duration, MCFC reserves the right to levy a charge to compensate for any costs incurred based on the estimated price in respect of the original number or duration in the Booking Confirmation. Reduction in numbers of more than
10% may at MCFC’s discretion be treated as a cancellation by the Client.
- Should the client wish to increase the number of guests attending the event in excess of the contracted numbers, MCFC will use all reasonable endeavours to comply with such requests subject to availability of function suites, facilities and services but will not be liable should it fail to do so. MCFC may increase its charges in accordance with the increased
number of guests attending. Any additional charges will be invoiced immediately after the Event and payment will be due within 30 days.
Cancellation by the Client
- In the unfortunate circumstance that the client has to cancel or postpone the confirmed booking at any time priorto the event, MCFC will make every effort to re-sell the facilities on your behalf. MCFC’s cancellation policy is: -
- Cancellation on 3 months notice in writing – Forfeit of minimum deposit
- Cancellation on 2 to 3 months notice in writing – 25% of the total charge for the service
- Cancellation on 1 to 2 months notice in writing – 50% of the total charge for the service
- Cancellation of less than 1 months notice in writing – 100% of the total charge for the service
- Any cancellations, postponements or partial cancellations should be advised to MCFC, in the first instance verbally. The client will be advised at this stage as to the cancellation charge. All cancellations should be put in writing and Failure to do so may result in continued liability for full payment for services and facilities.
- Any costs incurred by MCFC in procuring facilities, services or AV equipment (including but not limited to,
marquees, AV equipment, entertainment, floral decorations and licence applications) will be payable in full irrespective of the period of notice of cancellation.
- MCFC shall have no liability for any loss or damage to property owned by, or in the custody of the Client or its guests, employees, agents or others. The Client is advised to arrange adequate insurance cover.
- The Client shall be responsible for any loss, damage, expense or other liability caused to MCFC or the Etihad Stadium by the Client’s guests or employees and shall pay to MCFC forthwith on demand the amount required to remedy or make good any such loss, damage or other liability.
- MCFC reserves the right to cancel a contract if the Stadium is required for a re-arranged or unforeseen match or other event, which in the opinion of MCFC renders the function impracticable or impossible to hold. In the event of such a cancellation MCFC shall use reasonable endeavours to re-locate or re-arrange the event to an alternative place or date acceptable to the client. MCFC shall not be liable or required to pay compensation for any loss sustained as a result of or in any way arising out of it’s cancellation of the Event as aforesaid but will refund all monies paid by the Client.