The Eastlands Regeneration Framework
A Regeneration Framework was prepared to set out our future vision for Eastlands. The aim was to continue the transformation of the area, building on the immense success of the 2002 Commonwealth Games and all that has happened since.
This Framework was approved by Manchester City Council’s Executive Committee on 13 July, 2011 following consultation with the local community.
The wider ambitions for Eastlands include:
- Expanding a world class sports destination
- Introducing commercial leisure facilities
- Capitalising on regeneration investment
- Supporting Manchester’s Green City initiatives
- Helping create a distinctive sense of place
- Delivering improved social and economic outcomes